A Facebook business page has made it a way easier to reach potential clients than it was a few years back. The Internet and more specifically the social networking sites have changed the way to do business. According to the recent stats, around 71% of all Internet users check into Facebook on a regular basis. This figure shows how efficient the platform has become to promote your businesses.
How Facebook helps you in promoting your business for free?
Facebook helps you in reaching a huge number of prospective clientele, that too for free. The social networking website gives you an option to create a platform where you can promote your business as well as interact with your customers. Following are quick steps to set up your business page on Facebook:
#1 Set up Your Page
The social networking site gives you an option of creating your business page for free. The “Create Page” option in your Facebook account is located under the settings tab on the right top corner of your home page. Selecting this option takes you to a page where you can fill in the information about your business. Filling all the information and creating a page on Facebook helps you in making your business:
- Discoverable: Creating a Facebook business page helps you in reaching your customers when they search you or about your business on the Facebook. This page then gives them adequate information about the services you provide, geographical areas you cover, your success stories, etc.
- Get Connected: After you get discovered on Facebook, your existing customers as well as people who know about your business get connected to you. Such connections often lead to reach vast potential customers.
- Interaction: Your business page of Facebook helps you in interacting with your customers. You can guide them about your products, solve their queries, offer them mass discounts and more. The platform becomes a perfect destination to interact and build up a strong customer rapport.
- Statistics: The detailed analytics on your page further help you in understanding your customers, their expectations, their problems and then plan your marketing activities accordingly.
#2 Reach Potential Audiences
The second most important thing that comes after creating your Facebook business page is reaching potential audiences. To reach potential audiences you first need to identify your audience considering several aspects like the common things your ideal customers have, the age criteria they fit in, specific to any geographic location, how your business will help them, etc. Once you are clear on these terms, you can reach your prospective customers. Following are some of the easy ways to build audience for your business:
- Invite Your Friends: The first and foremost thing you can do to promote your page is to send invites to your friends. These guys usually know about your business and will immediately like and share your business page thus spreading the word. Moreover, during initial stages they are the ones who actively participate in the interactions on your page.
- Share the Word: Sharing is caring. Ask your friends, family, employees and business partners to share your business page thus reaching more people. You can even spread the word about your social network presence by printing your Facebook page URL on the bills, invoices, drafts, newsletters, etc.
#3 Content is King
Your content is going to make people like your page. So, you must not just promote your business on your page but also post some guidelines, tips, news, etc. related to your business. This will make people realize that you are providing additional knowledge other than just promoting your business. Following are some of the guidelines to create compelling content:
- Expert Advice: Be an expert in your business. Guide your customers efficiently. Offer them advices, tips and latest news related to your business. Such information will help them interact with you thus making your page more customer friendly.
- Be Responsive: Replying to your customers not just shows your gratitude but also tell them that your business is listening to them. You must be efficient in giving timely responses to your customer comments as well as likes.
- Reply to Angry Customers: A business with not a single unhappy customer is a myth. You must ensure that you reply to all the negative comments appropriately giving them proper clarifications. This shows that you care for your customers and are ready to undo your mistakes.
- Consistency: A Facebook business page without much interaction or inconsistency is of no use. Hence, you must be consistent enough to post frequent updates on your page so that the customers stay connected with you and know your business whenever they require.
- Promote your Posts: Whenever you see active customer engagement on any of your post, do share and promote it. When you do so, you spread this engagement to further more people making them become a part of your page.
#4 Facebook Advertisements
Be it any business, advertisements play an important role in promoting your business. When you create a business page on Facebook, and are thinking of reaching more customers apart from your regular invites, Facebook ads help you in sending the right message to the right people. Following are some of the guidelines that will help you in generating Facebook ads:
- Creating Ads: You need not need to hire any professional ad agencies for creating Facebook ads for your business. The social networking site gives you an option for the same on the admin panel of your business page. All you need to do is use this ad create tool
- Since you have built an active community around your page, the ad create tool targets your ads to reach the friends of the people who already like you. By this you naturally grow your customer base.
#5 Page Insights and Marketing Strategies
Proper marketing strategies are necessary for any business promotions you carry. Same goes with the Facebook business pages. Facebook offers you with an efficient Page Insights tool. Make use of these insights and plan a marketing strategy accordingly.
Facebook today has become one of the greatest platforms for reaching wide number of people in less time. All you need to do is carry out efficient social media marketing techniques to get good results. Hope the above article on how to create your Facebook business page and develop a marketing strategy accordingly helps you in launching your business on this social networking site.